What is a boundary Survey?
A boundary survey establishes the size and physical location of a parcel of land including property lines and property corners typically witnessed by monuments or markers, such as (iron rods, pipes, nails or concrete monuments). Boundary surveys are based on the legal description as provided by the client or on-line resources.
Why is a Boundary Survey Important?
Boundary surveys are typically required in the following situations:
- To secure mortgage loan approval or refinance on a property;
- Prior to land title being transferred;
- Prior to land being subdivided;
- Prior to land development (fences, pools, landscaping, buildings, roads, etc.);
- To help resolve inaccurate property descriptions;
- To help settle boundary disputes.
How can TKM Land Surveyors Help?
TKM Land Surveyors undertakes a thorough investigation of relevant maps and deeds that help in the following ways:
- Determine the location of the property lines;
- Identify any potential property line conflicts;
- Determine whether there is evidence of improvements, encroachments, and easements.
Investing in the services of TKM Land Surveyors today will cost less in time, worry, and money than the cost of moving improvements or defending property owners against potential legal actions.