What is a Boundary Survey?
A boundary survey is a process carried out by a licensed land surveyor that establishes the size and physical location of a parcel of land including property lines and property corners typically witnessed by monuments or markers, such as (iron rods, pipes, nails or concrete monuments) as described in a deed. It also indicates the extent of any easements or encroachments and may show limitations imposed on the property by state or local regulations.
Why is a Boundary Survey Important?
Boundary surveys are typically required in the following situations:
- To security mortgage loan approval or refinance on a property;
- Prior to land title being transferred;
- Prior to land being subdivided;
- Prior to having a lot line adjustment;
- Prior to land development (fences, pools, landscaping, buildings, roads, etc.);
- To help resolve inaccurate property descriptions;
- To help settle boundary disputes.
How can TKM Land Surveyors Help?
TKM Land Surveyors undertakes a thorough investigation of relevant maps and deeds that help in the following ways:
- Determine the location of the property lines;
- Identify any potential property line conflicts;
- Determine whether there is evidence of improvements, encroachments, and easements;
- Assist client in understanding the findings of the survey and various approaches for resolving issues.
Investing in the services of TKM Land Surveyors LP today will cost less in time, worry, and money than the cost of moving improvements or defending property owners against potential legal actions.
© 2018 TKM LAND SURVEYORS LP. All rights reserved.
* Service coverage area: TKM Land Surveyors LP offers services to prospective clients whose property is located in the cities mentioned below: Atherton | Campbell | Cupertino | Fremont | Gilroy | Los Altos | Los Altos Hills | Los Gatos | Menlo Park | Milpitas | Monte Sereno | Mountain View | Palo Alto | Portola Valley | Redwood City | San Jose | Santa Clara | Saratoga | Sunnyvale and other cities in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County.